Prof Andries A Stulting
- MB ChB (Pret), MMed (Ophth) (Pret), FRCOphth (UK), FCS (Ophth) (SA), FACS, FICS, FEACO, F Hon CMSA,
- Dip Adv Management Program (Univ of Manchester), Dip Adv Health Management Program (Univ of Yale)
Professional Involvement in National and International Organizations:
- Prof Stulting served two terms as President of the Ophthalmological Society of South Africa, from 1989 to 1991 and again from 1997 to 1999.
- He served as Secretary of the Ophthalmological Society of South Africa from 1987 to 1989, from 1993 to 1997 and again from 1999 until 2015.
- He is a Founder member of the Southern African Intraocular Lens Society (later called the Southern African Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery), has served on the Executive Committee from 1983 to 1998 and again from 2003 until 2015 and he is the current Immediate Past President.
- He was a Vice-President of the Colleges of Medicine of South Africa from 1998 until 2007.
- He was the President of the College of Ophthalmologists from 1998 to 2008.
- He was the Vice-Chairman of the South African Medical Association from 2001 until 2003.
- He served on the Board of Directors of SAMA (2001-2006 and again from 2012 to 2014).
- He was the President of the Free State Branch of SAMA during 1995, 2001, 2003 and 2011.
- Internationally, he served on the Leadership Management Group of the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO).
- He is a Board member of MEACO (Middle East and Africa Council of Ophthalmology).
- He was the Organizer of the Annual Congresses of the Ophthalmological Society of South Africa during 1985, 1991, 1997 and 2003 and he served on the Organizing Committee in 2008 and 2014 where he was responsible for the Scientific Academic Program.
- He is a Former President of the South African Vitreo-retinal Society of South Africa and organized the Annual meetings (including invited overseas guest speakers) in 1989, 1991, 1993 and 1996.
- He is also a Former President of the South African Glaucoma Society from 2012 to 2014 and is the Immediate Past President.
- He has served on the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) from 1998 to 1994 and Medical and Dental Professions Board (MDPB) from 1998 to 2009.