The Southern African Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (SASCRS) is proud to announce that our 18th biennial will be held at the Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton from 31 July to 3 Aug 2019.
In addition to the Ophthalmology programme there will also be a two-day congress for nurses, theatre personnel, and assistants / managers.
It is our opinion that any nursing staff, managers or assistants involved in ophthalmology will greatly benefit from attending the conference.
Topics covered in the nursing and assistant programme may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Admin: Codes, OMG, medical aids, laws
- Cataract surgery in ocular surface disease
- Cataract: Congenital; Traumatic
- Common ocular emergencies
- Corneal transplants
- Customized ablational procedures
- Dry eye & Blepharitis
- Glaucoma and the treatment thereof
- Multifocal IOL’s
- New IOL’s on the market
- Optics of laser ablation: PRK, LASIK and SMILE
- PHAKIC Implants
- Posterior capsular opacification
- Principles of organising a surgical list
- Refractive evaluation / errors
- Toric lenses, astigmatism (Callisto)
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Dr Charl Weitz, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Daniel Kritzinger, e-mail: email@example.com
- Organiser: Mrs Christi Truter (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr Daniel Kritzinger, SASCRS President, SASCRS 2019 Chair